Friday, May 05, 2006

Boldly not to go

I find myself envying somewhat those of my friends (Darz and Steph for example) who are / have been travelling the world whilst I've been confined to England and, indeed, the Shire. With the help of my old friend Hindsight I now wonder if it wouldn't've been more fun - and perhaps more successful - to have gone on a trip after graduation and then decided what to do when I got back, rather than telling myself there'd be time for such things after I'd sorted out my career. But never mind. Perhaps if the current plan doesn't come off, I'll leave careering for a while and do some travelling. At least I'd have something new to talk about in interviews!

In other news, I face yet more tedious form-filling: first to open a new savings account and ISA, which is of course more complicated than it needs to be. Specifically, I want to transfer money from one building society account to another with the same society. But in order to do so there's some byzantine process I have to go through, and I can't now remember where I even read the instructions... And the Inland Revenue has sent me a form to fill in to find out whether I paid too much income tax in 2004-5. I'm tempted just to send them a letter telling them I didn't pay any income tax in 2004-5 so they needn't worry...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home