A Good Grip On Reality
I wonder if anyone can let me know whether the following conversation actually happened , and if so where and with whom, or whether it was just a vivid dream. I've checked my diary for the last two weeks and I can't see any likely situation where it could have happened...
---
9:20:00
Mystery solved! It was at Katy's on Friday night, the Shula-like girl to my left was in fact Shula, and it was Toby's father that went to Habs'.
Me: [talking about schools, in some way] ... but at least it's not like, oh, Haberdashers' Aske's...I've just googled it, and Habs' does in fact have both girls' and boys' schools... shame, if they'd turned out to be just for girls it would've proved I imagined the whole thing...
Some Guy, to my right: Hey, I went to Habs', it doesn't make me a bad person!
Me: I thought it was a girls' school.
Some Guy: No...
Me: Oh. I guess I just thought haberdashery sounded like a girl kind of thing.
Some Girl, to my left: I have no idea what you're talking about.
Some Guy: [explains that it's, like, some school]
---
9:20:00
Mystery solved! It was at Katy's on Friday night, the Shula-like girl to my left was in fact Shula, and it was Toby's father that went to Habs'.

1 Comments:
That happens to me as well! I once woke up from sleeping and all I could think about was some guy saying "the spirit of Woolf" (Woolf being Lord Woolf, and the spirit referring to the way he's overhauled civil litigation procedure). I had no clue whether it was a dream or real until I remembered that I'd been in the pub with a few BVC students the week before and a guy there talked about his father using that line in letters. It was a relief to know I hadn't made it all up!
PS. Thanks for the link, Alex also sent me it by email!
Post a Comment
<< Home