Vague Update
Well, it's one application down, two to go as far as this week's plans go. And I must get them done, because I could've been working for money this week - rare indeed - and refused on the basis that these are more important. By far the biggest (in terms of time required) is finished though; feels somewhat like the end of an era...!
I may not have gotten round to mentioning how ill I was feeling a couple of weeks back; some kind of cold, I think, aggravating my asthma, so I was feeling hot and cold and dizzy and sick and couldn't breathe that well. You'll understand how bad this was when I tell you I actually went to see a doctor, who prescribed a week of steroids, and proper adherence to inhaler regime. So I'm feeling a lot better now.
The main problem of this episode was that it exactly coincided with the weekend I had intended to spend visiting Toby and Shula in Birmingham and then going on to Nottingham for Miranda's production of The Pirates of Penzance. So I keep passing songs from Pirates in my iTunes library and thinking "ooh, I get to see this on stage soon... oh, wait, no I don't". Which is rather sad.
It's the end of Lent term - indeed I think Cambridge people will have been back home for up to 10 days already - which means it's approaching 'practically a year' since my Finals. Which is, frankly, scary.
---
Note to Firefox and/or Blogger and/or the wireless network thingy: stop giving me that "the document contains no data" crap, dammit.
I may not have gotten round to mentioning how ill I was feeling a couple of weeks back; some kind of cold, I think, aggravating my asthma, so I was feeling hot and cold and dizzy and sick and couldn't breathe that well. You'll understand how bad this was when I tell you I actually went to see a doctor, who prescribed a week of steroids, and proper adherence to inhaler regime. So I'm feeling a lot better now.
The main problem of this episode was that it exactly coincided with the weekend I had intended to spend visiting Toby and Shula in Birmingham and then going on to Nottingham for Miranda's production of The Pirates of Penzance. So I keep passing songs from Pirates in my iTunes library and thinking "ooh, I get to see this on stage soon... oh, wait, no I don't". Which is rather sad.
It's the end of Lent term - indeed I think Cambridge people will have been back home for up to 10 days already - which means it's approaching 'practically a year' since my Finals. Which is, frankly, scary.
---
Note to Firefox and/or Blogger and/or the wireless network thingy: stop giving me that "the document contains no data" crap, dammit.

6 Comments:
Windows Vista has been delayed until January 2007 - which has thrown my plan to purchase a Vista based über-laptop in time to start work right out of the window :(
Anyone know where I can pick up a widescreen laptop with a dedicated graphics card for under £600 to tide me over?
Well, mysterious person who hasn't yet started work but is going to in the next year... (hmm...) I'm guaranteed to suggest a Mac. Perhaps you can pick up a used PowerBook G4?
How about a nice Toshiba ?
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?catalog_name=Savastore&product_id=10287189&pid=45&tid=526
Or this one
http://www.savastore.com/productinfo/product.aspx?product_id=10287984&catalog_name=Savastore&page=productspecification&pid=5
I'm not sure about the separate graphics card though - the specs say that it has 64mb of ram, but doesn't state whether that's stolen from the system memory.
Buy a Mac Book Pro then install Vista as a dual-boot when it finally arrives!
Thanks for the advice. I'm not going with a Mac. I may buy a Mac Mini at some later date though because they look quite interesting.
It turns out that after I posted Rock launched a new laptop...
http://www.rockdirect.com/notebooks/xtremectx_cons.htm
It fits all my specifications and does so without being Alienware expensive. Still no Vista, but I may just have to suck it up and buy a separate license when it comes out.
Sorry for hijacking your thread Stevo, but I was quite irate when I found out about the Vista delay.
That's alright, I have plenty more threads. I'm just irritated that I don't know who you are...!
One of my main reasons for buying a Mac was that there was too much choice of PC laptops - I looked at them for months before starting at college and couldn't decide so I gave up.
Well, you know what I'm like with decisions. Even choosing between the various iBooks and PowerBooks was hard.
Post a Comment
<< Home