Saturday, March 18, 2006

Intermission

Contrary to Sherry's fears, I have not in fact eaten so many biscuits that I've exploded. Though I really must make sure I don't buy any again for several months. But I have been feeling pretty ill for a couple of days.

Since I'm here, can anyone suggest a way of paying less than 12p for text messages? I really can't afford it...

---

I know I've asked it before, but what on earth do they administer to the audience of The News Quiz to make them laugh at it? I'm famously ready to giggle inappropriately, but I can listen to it time and again 'without a muscle moving in my face' [cf. Terry Practchett, Wyrd Sisters, page 77]

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Bundles of texts make it cheaper than 12p. Get yourself and the person you text the most a virgin mobile, 3p virgin to virgin texts.

Feel better soon.

March 18, 2006 9:52 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Hmm... but think how many text messages I'd have to send for the 9p saved on each one to pay the [guesses] £200 it would cost to buy two new cellphones!

I'm taking 12 or more inhaler doses, eight steroid tablets, and up to eight doses of paracetamol a day atm, it's quite exciting...

March 18, 2006 10:14 am  
Blogger Sherry said...

But you won't need a new phone, just two virgin sim cards which should be rather cheap.

So you're just a walking drug factory basically.

March 18, 2006 1:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tesco mobile have a basic tariff with 5p per text. No costly bolt-ons or obligation to top up by a certain amount each month etc. And calls are reasonably priced. The catch...I'm not aware of. You can't call or text abroad, that's all I can think of.

March 24, 2006 2:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home