Challenging
A good edition of University Challenge, I thought, by which I mean that - in parts at least - it was the comfortable kind where I can answer a reasonable number of questions with ease. I was particularly pleased that I knew about Batesian mimicry when none of the contestants did. I thought two of the music bonuses (Für Elise, Ave Maria) were needlessly simple. I was not at all impressed when Trinity Hall identified the Kiwi for whom Rosalind Franklin had worked as Watson - Franklin work for Watson?!? I may have to have a lie down - to which Paxman responded 'he was English, wasn't he?' - Watson English?!? I have have to have a lie down. And I thought it nastily middle-class biased to expect students to recognise the restaurants belonging to various celebrity chefs. Though having said that, both I and the Tit Hall team managed to get them all right. More or less.

6 Comments:
did we win?
I reckon I could have done the chefs and restaurants thing. But then I am rather obsessed with food.
Becca: decisively, 250 to 95 I think. It's a curious thing that, rather than all gathering in the bar to cheer on their team, so many of us are oblivious to the performance of those who are meant to be representing us! I'd rather hoped University Challenge would be a bigger thing at university than it turned out to be...
yes but is it not filmed in advance? therefore not much point in cheering on the team if you already know whether they've won or lost...
But you didn't already know, which is kind of my point.
but I never know anything that goes on around here!
Post a Comment
<< Home