Saturday (is waning fast)
Forgot to mention that each time I go into Bath I have vague notions of going clothes-shopping. They never come to anything, so I'm still dressed like a peasant. Could be worse, of course - by the simple application of the letter h, for a start.
And that I'm hoping to get over 500 miles from the current tank of petrol. Which is pleasing, though of course rather expected given all the out-of-town driving we've been doing.
I've spent the last hour or two removing several hundred miles' worth of dirt from the car*. Should've taken 'before' and 'after' photos, it's a joy to behold. I could still take 'after' photos if the camera starts cooperating.
So, nothing of interest to report.
---
It's good to know the FT's people are in touch with all sections of society:
Idiot.
---
*An act of such suburban banality that it's been featured as an example of such on TV. Well, not me washing the car, but the washing of cars in our street...
And that I'm hoping to get over 500 miles from the current tank of petrol. Which is pleasing, though of course rather expected given all the out-of-town driving we've been doing.
I've spent the last hour or two removing several hundred miles' worth of dirt from the car*. Should've taken 'before' and 'after' photos, it's a joy to behold. I could still take 'after' photos if the camera starts cooperating.
So, nothing of interest to report.
---
It's good to know the FT's people are in touch with all sections of society:
Look at the Christmas and birthday wish lists of girls everywhere, and there at the top: Prada shoes, Vuitton bag.Yes, they're doing a roaring trade in war-and-famine-ravaged Africa, not to mention British council estates, aren't they.
Idiot.
---
*An act of such suburban banality that it's been featured as an example of such on TV. Well, not me washing the car, but the washing of cars in our street...

1 Comments:
I always thought pheasants were supposed to be rather stylish...
Oh, actually, that's peacocks, isn't it? Disregard, then...
Post a Comment
<< Home