Just passing through...
... (post 400, apparently), and wondering at how much stuff other people manage to get done in a day, which isn't really my thing, such that I'm finding it a bit of a trial to deal with having to go to bed by midnight so I can get up at 6:30 to work for seven-and-a-half hours that, with short lunch and 30 miles of driving easily become nine, then spending the evening bashing my head, metaphorically if not literally against my desk trying to write applications, with those competency questions which, even if I believe I had anything worth saying in response to, I wouldn't know how to do so, then having to give up without getting anything much done because I have to wash my hair, which means it'll look even worse in the morning than usual, usual being 'a noteable contributor to my general self-loathing', plus the shower being stuck on Rather Too Warm, I have both heat and water to deal with, both of which make me still itchier than I already am, is it a full moon this week?, which is itchy enough that even I am beginning to think I warrant medical attention, except that I'm not free at present when the surgery's open so I couldn't go and register even if I wasn't afraid of doctors' receptionists, so then having to leave the application although I know it'll take me hours to get back into it tomorrow evening, hours which, tomorrow being the deadline, I can't afford to waste, but not wanting to cut my losses and go to sleep because it just seems wrong to go to bed before 11, so in fact achieving very little, and getting disheartened that I'm not going to be able to finish the application I've been looking at for days and days, and that even if I do manage to make a last-minute stab at it, my answers to the questions will be so lame that it's not going to get me anywhere, and noting that I haven't, in fact, made even twenty applications yet so I can't really be expecting to get anywhere anytime soon, and noting a distinct lack of people I can ring up and say 'how shall I answer this question?', only one in fact, who can't really be expected to know all the answers but is enormously helpful anyway, but whether it's all a waste of time, as I suspect, remains to be seen, and I don't have time for Question Time, and I need to sleep during This Week, so I'm wondering what exactly I am achieving.

3 Comments:
And breathe...
Sounds like you have a job - I mean why else would you work 7.5hrs and drive 30miles?
James Joyce got there first.
Very well done though.
TCH
Post a Comment
<< Home