Friday, March 03, 2006

Love is a necessary evil

According to the song I was listening to on Radio 3 last night.

To businesses:

1. 06-spotting: an Audi A6, a Mini Cooper S, and - presumably - a Honda Civic that was so new it had no registration at all. They're so cool! Hehe.

2. Happy Fifth Birthday to our house.

3. The local papers this week have a story about a £53,000 robbery at a local supermarket. Pales into insignificance slightly doesn't it, what with those three orders of magnitude of inadequacy.

4. I was pleased to see a white van (from Mercedes-Benz Express) driving well below the speed limit. The sign on the back saying 'Corrosive' might've explained the driver's self-preservative wishes somewhat...

5. I'm well on the way to that invalid book token that Anonymous kindly offered - rejection number thirteen in the post this morning. To be fair, I'd forgotten I'd even applied for that one. But I must say the comment that 'there are several candidates whose is experience is closer to our requirements' looked a bit harsher when I remembered that the advert was headed simply 'unemployed graduate temps required'. Hehe.

6. A friend of mine was apparently told by her driving instructor that she should use 4th gear at 30mph and 5th at 40mph. Shurely shome mishtake? And this was in 2005, not 1975...

---

Addendum: I should probably point out that I have nothing against Andy's house. Indeed I rather like it. But I do think it's fair to say that it tends to be full of a lot of stuff. As he says, doubling the size might help to alleviate that. We shall see.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, stay in 2nd up to 30mph, screw the fuel economy. You never know when you're going to need the acceleration to get away from some prat.

March 03, 2006 5:30 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

Dan does 6 above. I hate it, especially when he says "you're leaving it a bit late to change gear" when I do 30 in 3rd. Tch.

March 04, 2006 6:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home