Thursday, March 02, 2006

Stephen is currently logged in from a residential location

1. Whilst it's still... just, March 1, Happy Birthday to Stephen and Rachel!

[Bong]

Phew, that was close. Neither of them will read this, anyway.

2. It being March 1 it's [was] also New-Car-Registration-Code day. Which really isn't as exciting as it used to be. I was only reminded of it when I saw an 06-plate Ford Fiesta this evening. Why is it that the first car of a new code that I see is generally rather mundane and slightly dated? Perhaps it says something about the kind of person that orders a new car for March 1.

3. I may not be the high-flying graduate-career type (indeed, today I received rejection no. 12, with three other applications missing, presumed dead) but nevertheless I was out of the house for over fifteen hours today. Highlights of said day including...

4. The traditional (well, this week) breakfast of brie-on-toast, oatmeal with local honey, and EqualExchange breakfast tea.

5. Driving along in a car that might be (but, of course, isn't. Well, technically it couldn't be anyway, but I hope you know what I mean) registered W483 XYZ and realising that the car in front was W482 XYZ, and wondering whether anyone else had noticed and thought 'hehe, that's cool'.

6. Eating lunch (cold leftovers from last night, viz. stir-fried vegetables, rice with boiled egg, pancake) next to an impressive priory church, and seeing a fox walking in the gardeny bit next door (no, I'm not forgetting the word 'churchyard').

7. An excellent concert of Japanese Taiko drumming and Shakuhachi flauting (other esteemed members of the audience included the parents of my friends Becca [no, the other one] and Shula, and some friends of my mother).

8. Not so good: stalling the car thrice, getting slightly out-of-shape on a roundabout again, and suddenly in the last hour becoming very itchy and rather headachey. Time to sleep, I think.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... 12 is impressive. Although I think you can do better; If you get to 25 I'll get you a trophy and a book token.

(Note: Book token may be free £1 World Book Day token, only for use by minors)

March 02, 2006 9:15 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Cool, that'd be OK, I know a minor or two who missed out on tokens this year :)

But I'm never going to hit my rejection targets if I don't find more time for applications...

March 02, 2006 11:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home