Hammer Time
So I was watching Homes Under The Hammer. Yes, and? Well, there was this flat in West Kensington, near Queen's Club. The kind of place that made me think I might even be willing to live in London, if I could live somewhere like that. (Not that I could afford it). Actually I've never visited a London home, but I tend to assume that anywhere mere mortals could afford - especially mere mortals right at the start of their careers - is going to be pretty grim if not downright dangerous.
Anyway the guy who bought it, at a cost of £360,000 including renovations, was a 25-year-old investment banker. Who must've been saving pretty hard to afford it even on those kind of salaries. But which set me off on the old "maybe I really should try to get one of these 'good' jobs" routine. But I think given that investment banking is the only career (well, almost) I've actually managed to rule out, and that it would be pure fantasy to suggest I could get into it even if I wanted to, it's probably safe not to start reading that section of the careers guide again. I was rather perplexed by his claim that it'd been hard to find the time to work on the flat because he 'works until 6pm every day'. I don't believe him, frankly.
Anyway, applications to write, mustn't sit around...
Anyway the guy who bought it, at a cost of £360,000 including renovations, was a 25-year-old investment banker. Who must've been saving pretty hard to afford it even on those kind of salaries. But which set me off on the old "maybe I really should try to get one of these 'good' jobs" routine. But I think given that investment banking is the only career (well, almost) I've actually managed to rule out, and that it would be pure fantasy to suggest I could get into it even if I wanted to, it's probably safe not to start reading that section of the careers guide again. I was rather perplexed by his claim that it'd been hard to find the time to work on the flat because he 'works until 6pm every day'. I don't believe him, frankly.
Anyway, applications to write, mustn't sit around...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home