Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Film Chat

Having watched both HP3 and HP4 in the last ten days, my disapproval is starting to be more evenly distributed between the two - a bit. I still find the shortcomings of 3 a lot more forgivable than those of 4. But it struck me how one can identify themes in each film - in 3, the passage of time of course, and people being not who they seem, and having to come to terms with that. In 4, the theme of loss - Crouch losing his wife and son, everyone losing Diggory, the danger of 'losing oneself' in the maze, and of losing one's closest friends in the lake. Maybe.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd keep that disapproval stored up if I were you, I think you're going to need every last drop of it for the inevitable hit film of the summer...

April 12, 2006 9:28 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Oh, I think that's another level of disapproval entirely. For one, I can't see myself wasting money on seeing it at all, whereas I'd still contemplate buying HP4 on DVD (if I had the money), despite it being one of the most displeasing films I've ever seen... (in relation to expectations)

April 12, 2006 10:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home