Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Why would anyone...

... want to work twenty hour days for an investment bank, especially when the median starting salary is only £35,000? I mean no sarcasm by this. What on earth is the advantage of being able to 'pop out at lunch for some Jimmy Choos' if you're only out of the office between 5 and 9am?

As for me, I'm still treading the thin path to nowhere in particular. One of my parents described my position as a 'dilemma'. If only. The word, if I may take the liberty of inventing it, should be more like 'myrialemma'. Anyway I have to be careful how I walk this path; too fast and I get panicky and depressed at how demanding everyone is, and the enormity and potential futility of trying to find a place where I'd both want and be wanted to fit in. Too slow and I get panicky and depressed at my own sloth, as my overdraft and the gaps in my CV grow.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh well, at least we had fun cycling! Just keep thinking about going through those puddles and getting soaking wet feet and the Radio Swindon man keeping us out in the cold and wet even longer!

November 01, 2005 11:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home