Why do these people insist on rebranding English parts of speech? I simply don't understand it: there are more than enough words in English elegantly to express oneself with recourse to these abominations.
Anyway, you already knew I thought that, probably. Oh, and I got 11 on that geography test, but am annoyed I don't know the difference between Mali and Burkina Faso. I knew it wasn't Mauritania, but you don't get half-marks...
3 Comments:
Why do these people insist on rebranding English parts of speech? I simply don't understand it: there are more than enough words in English elegantly to express oneself with recourse to these abominations.
Anyway, you already knew I thought that, probably. Oh, and I got 11 on that geography test, but am annoyed I don't know the difference between Mali and Burkina Faso. I knew it wasn't Mauritania, but you don't get half-marks...
TCH
psh, leverage is a great word, and am finding myself using it more and more....
The other choices just sound lame, leverage sounds cool. Enough said.
I think I even used it on one of my presentation slides on Monday.
jonc
There's nothing wrong with it as a noun, but how can it be a verb?! Presentation, Jon? Are you working for an evil multinational?
Post a Comment
<< Home