Sunday, October 16, 2005

Calm down, dear

OK, OK, gotta think calm thoughts...

In my quest to get out of this madhouse yesterday, I took a trip to Swampfeld (some names may have been changed, just in case), which was wonderful. It's a real, proper village, which is one of the two sorts of places I think I might actually enjoy living, the other being the middle of a good city. I even managed a pretty good bit of parallel parking (even if I do say so myself), albeit on the right-hand-side... (I've been watching some dreadful learner-driver show with Nadia Sawalha, which has rather shamed me as I notice the lack of finesse in my manoeuvres - still better than many, I hope...)

It's really rather pleasant to walk around a place where everyone you pass says 'good afternoon', although I must admit that I do wonder whether they're truly being nice or whether they know I don't 'belong' there and are making some kind of point about my invasion of their turf... sometimes I wonder if I think too much. Which is itself of course a kind of meta-thinking-too-much...

Got to think calm, got to think positive, got to think pro-active. Even if I do sound just like the sort of dreadful management type I've a horror of...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home