Thursday, October 13, 2005

Dormice and other animals

Having removed the blinds from my window whilst painting, I was disturbed to find that the sunlight was coming in... had to rush to get the blinds back up and block it out (I sound like Mr. Burns...). Of course the venetian blind made quite a stand against being fitted; rarely have I been so frustrated, at least since that stupid Simpsons computer game about twelve years ago, when Bart would insist on landing in the wet concrete (and thus dying) rather than jumping over...

Plenty of stuff flying again; I heard what sounded like a fast jet earlier, and then watched five C-130s flying low over the town centre.

Found £1.50 whilst vacuuming Mum's car. Don't expect I'll get a cut though. Hehe.

I made Thai yellow quorn curry last night; which is to say I mixed together the contents of a packet with some other ingredients. Andy's already expressed his derision (before going to check on his microwave potato), but I thought it tasted alright, so I'm going to finish it for lunch.

Just made my second-ever purchase from iTunes: Trinity choir singing Parry's I Was Glad. I know some people hated this song and all that it stands for when we sang it at college, but I quite like it really; however, our version was both inexpertly sung (by some vertically-challenged tenor, at least) and, erm 'basically' recorded. The Trinity version is very prettily sung and recorded, though it still suffers from a bit of digital distortion... which I wouldn't mind so much if Apple were charging us as little as the rest of the world. [/bitter]

Oh, the first purchase was Pärt's Cantus in Memoriam Benjamin Britten, which we were playing at UC Philharmonia. Somewhat vexingly, they then gave us a recording of it... But never mind, the more the merrier.

iTunes is actually managing to come up with a reasonable random selection atm, which is good.

I see Amazon has changed the wishlist format. I like the new options for sorting and searching but it's a shame the icons that tell you what medium each item is have gone. More seriously, it seems to do nasty things to Firefox especially if you try 'compact view' so I'll reserve judgment to see if it gets sorted...

Getting to the point, Sherry kindly suggested I apply for this job. Obviously a post that's already 'under fire' is the perfect way to a quiet life :) Actually I'd already seen it advertised and thought 'hehe, that sounds funny'. I don't think I'm appropriately qualified though, plus it reminds me of that Bill Bailey "we'd like you to workshop the owl character" thing. Heehee.

In other more disquieting news, yikes, I'm off to hide behind the sofa or something. Seriously, who knows what it might come to.

Anyway, time to finish the painting.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

but you don't eat chicken. or can you get it anyway by like kissing a chicken or something?

October 13, 2005 3:30 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

I'm pretty sure you don't have to eat the bird, any more than normal influenza is caught by eating people (which is "called cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most cultures" - Willy Wonka). But they do say that it's only people who live in very close contact with birds or who handle dead birds who are really at risk of catching it from a bird. What concerns me is what happens when it starts spreading between humans.

October 13, 2005 4:01 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Oh and by the way, your second sentence is perhaps the most surreal I've read in a long time.

October 13, 2005 4:03 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

i like to surprise! i used to have pet goats, so there you go!

October 13, 2005 10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home