Road trip!
Just as I was beginning to think I'd better get on and seek out a career, I had an email from an old schoolfriend describing her life working for a Major Graduate Employer, and I must say it sounded fairly horrid. Which rather put me off; but then I had another email from a friend in a Typical Graduate Career describing the warm, fuzzy feeling it gave him. So who knows.
Thanks to a tip-off from a college-mate, I managed to catch sight of my old DoS on the BBC News, talking about a new vaccine for cervical cancer. Hurrah. (Though I was a little confused by the trial participant whose grandmother had been unable to have children).
In one of those rare impulsive moods, a friend and I struck out for the cinema, and her first experience of driving at night. Although I'm typically a nervous passenger, all went well. We saw Pride & Prejudice (deliberately eschewing the much-praised A History of Violence on the basis, ironically, that I suspect it of containing Gratuitous Kissy Scenes, which are seriously not my bag, baby). P&P had the somewhat inevitable effect of making me wish I was tall, attractive and impeccably-mannered, and also served to remind us how generally amusing and utterly hopeless in romantic matters are short men. (Is it just me or is that a somewhat clumsy construction?)
So, there we go.
Thanks to a tip-off from a college-mate, I managed to catch sight of my old DoS on the BBC News, talking about a new vaccine for cervical cancer. Hurrah. (Though I was a little confused by the trial participant whose grandmother had been unable to have children).
In one of those rare impulsive moods, a friend and I struck out for the cinema, and her first experience of driving at night. Although I'm typically a nervous passenger, all went well. We saw Pride & Prejudice (deliberately eschewing the much-praised A History of Violence on the basis, ironically, that I suspect it of containing Gratuitous Kissy Scenes, which are seriously not my bag, baby). P&P had the somewhat inevitable effect of making me wish I was tall, attractive and impeccably-mannered, and also served to remind us how generally amusing and utterly hopeless in romantic matters are short men. (Is it just me or is that a somewhat clumsy construction?)
So, there we go.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home