National Testing
Surprisingly for a three-hour Saturday-night quiz fronted by Schofield and Robinson (shudder!), the BBC's latest Test-the-Nation English Test was surprisingly difficult and certainly esoteric in places. I recommend you give it a go - beat my presumably flukey 65/70*! And report back in the Comments, of course.
Incidentally the unintelligible managementese in one question illustrates one reason why I fear a Proper Career - I don't think I'd understand what on earth everyone else was saying and what they wanted from me. (shudder!) The thought of application forms and selection tests fills me with a sense of dread and futility too; even now I maintain that my admission to Cambridge was more or less an administrative error...
---
*I dropped one mark in 'Spelling & Comprehension' and two each in 'Language' and 'Words', with full marks in 'Comprehension' and 'Grammar'.Don't know what I got wrong yet though!
Apparently given the [frankly rather suspcious] number of people scoring 43, I'm in the top 1% of those taking part. Hurrah.
Incidentally the unintelligible managementese in one question illustrates one reason why I fear a Proper Career - I don't think I'd understand what on earth everyone else was saying and what they wanted from me. (shudder!) The thought of application forms and selection tests fills me with a sense of dread and futility too; even now I maintain that my admission to Cambridge was more or less an administrative error...
---
*I dropped one mark in 'Spelling & Comprehension' and two each in 'Language' and 'Words', with full marks in 'Comprehension' and 'Grammar'.
Apparently given the [frankly rather suspcious] number of people scoring 43, I'm in the top 1% of those taking part. Hurrah.

2 Comments:
44. ack how pitiful. still it killed time while i was in the library!
Quite respectable, above the national average, etc. And kudos for being the only one to dare post their score :)
Post a Comment
<< Home