The scene: the surrounds of a circus tent, somewhere outside Reading
A well-dressed, happy looking circus-master, (JEREMY, say) surveys his operation, thoughtfully. Suddenly, a young, frivolous man (we'll call him ISAAC) comes up to him, almost overwhelmed by an excitement bordering on hysteria.
ISAAC: You'll never guess what?
JEREMY: [Less self-satisfied by the moment] What?
ISAAC: Bernard let me do the knife-throwing trick today.
JEREMY suddenly looks extremely concerned. He takes a moment to search for the mot juste
JEREMY: I trust the audience was not..., disappointed?
ISAAC: No, I got all of the knives to miss by less than a millimetre.
JEREMY, suddenly placated by the verisimilitude of an escape from Bernard's stupidity, breathes a small, concealed sigh of relief, and you can almost see the contentness flowing back into his face.
ISAAC: That is, I got 12 out of 12 the second time...
JEREMY really doesn't want to ask the leading question at this point. But it's inevitable.
JEREMY: The second time?
ISAAC: Yeah. Does that count?
At back of stage, we see BERNARD carrying away the corpse of a thrice-punctured man.
Yeah, I kept answering Atlanta and it was never right! In my defence the only American history I ever did was the inter-war period; prohibition, the New Deal &c. But that's a shoddy defence...
10 Comments:
9/12 also!
Yup, also 9/12. It's obviously the glass ceiling for this quiz.
TCH
I took the quiz again and got 12/12, does that count? :p
The scene: the surrounds of a circus tent, somewhere outside Reading
A well-dressed, happy looking circus-master, (JEREMY, say) surveys his operation, thoughtfully. Suddenly, a young, frivolous man (we'll call him ISAAC) comes up to him, almost overwhelmed by an excitement bordering on hysteria.
ISAAC: You'll never guess what?
JEREMY: [Less self-satisfied by the moment] What?
ISAAC: Bernard let me do the knife-throwing trick today.
JEREMY suddenly looks extremely concerned. He takes a moment to search for the mot juste
JEREMY: I trust the audience was not..., disappointed?
ISAAC: No, I got all of the knives to miss by less than a millimetre.
JEREMY, suddenly placated by the verisimilitude of an escape from Bernard's stupidity, breathes a small, concealed sigh of relief, and you can almost see the contentness flowing back into his face.
ISAAC: That is, I got 12 out of 12 the second time...
JEREMY really doesn't want to ask the leading question at this point. But it's inevitable.
JEREMY: The second time?
ISAAC: Yeah. Does that count?
At back of stage, we see BERNARD carrying away the corpse of a thrice-punctured man.
TCH
5/12
Bad...
ahem, 4. why do i even own up to such pathetic scores?
10/12 :P
errrm yeah history's rubbish
Miranda! There you are!
Toby: nice story.
Sherry: to make the rest of us feel better by demonstrating that lawyers are not, in fact, omniscient?
9/12 too... It was the American ones that did for me.
Yeah, I kept answering Atlanta and it was never right! In my defence the only American history I ever did was the inter-war period; prohibition, the New Deal &c. But that's a shoddy defence...
Post a Comment
<< Home