Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Geography Test!

... Reveals a distinct gap in my armoury; try it out! Beat my, ahem, 6/14...

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo, get me! 10/14.
Still, nothing to be proud of.

October 19, 2005 2:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6/14 as well.

October 19, 2005 6:46 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

ahem, 4. oops.

October 19, 2005 8:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/14. Three years after GCSE Geog....

Could do better, I feel.

Mistook Hull for Newcastle... :(

Up early?

October 20, 2005 11:54 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you done the french one?

I got 4/12, which was surprisingly good, since I've never done french in my life.

should I be proud of that?

October 20, 2005 11:58 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only very marginally proud, since given the multiple choice nature of the questions, a mean score for someone choosing at random would be 4, and the standard deviation would be high enough that you could argue you're just at the high end of the randomly choosing spectrum.

Not to rain on your parade or anything... ;-)

TCH

October 20, 2005 12:17 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That first sentence should read 'would be 3'.

TCH

October 20, 2005 12:17 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

as a non-science student i felt obliged to do the physics one where i got 7. maybe i should have been a natsci.

October 20, 2005 1:53 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

8/10 for the physics one. Being a music student I feel I should have remembered about the longitudinal waves being sound!

16/20 for maths. guessed the stratified sample though.

18/20 for english... Avarice - Who knew? And long-lost? is the "-" really necessary? I guess it must be :p

A

October 20, 2005 2:34 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Goodness, I've been flagging these tests up for weeks but it takes Geography (or the mid-October lull?) to capture everyone's interest!

Alex: my famous travels in the North enabled me to identify Hull on the basis that both Newcastle and ?Sunderland were much further north. Who's up early? Not you, it would seem...

Sherry: funny, I often ask myself 'maybe I should've been a lawyer'... With 70% on Physics you'd've got a First but, of course, Natsci Physics is nasty and evil in every way and nothing like what's in that test!

Andy: I knew, tediously enough. Recall the Marley & Marley song in The Muppet Christmas Carol: "We're Marley & Marley, avarice and greed; we took advantage of the poor, just ignored the needy; we specialised in causing pain, spreading fear and doubt; and if you could not pay the rent, we simply threw you out! Oh, ho, ho... there was the year we evicted the entire orphanage! Aah, I remember the little tykes all standing in the snow-bank... with their little frost-bitten teddy bears, ahahahaha!".

Ahem, that is to say, "We're Marley & Marley, avarice and greed..."

October 20, 2005 2:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home