In my continuing series of entirely unnecessary thoughts- I was just looking at the title of this entry and wondering how you could get it to form an entire sentence in itself.
On behalf of the Council of London Boroughs, I'd like to relate this transcript from their meeting on 24 November AD 1872.
HACKNEY delegation: In the matter of spices, all are agreed that those from abroad are of a finer taste.
TOWER HAMLETS delegation: That may be so, but surely this is merely a matter of nomenclature; our herbs are the finest in the world.
HAMMERSMITH delegation: [launches into a long diatribe about the dangers of basil, particularly when mixed with oregano]
The GREENWICH delegation, [chairing the meeting]: And I'm afraid that's time.
HAMMERSMITH delegation: No, that's oregano. Don't even get me started on thyme.
KENSINGTON delegation: [with gentle superiority]. Greenwich mean time.
2 Comments:
Intransitive verb:
Being disagreeable
In my continuing series of entirely unnecessary thoughts- I was just looking at the title of this entry and wondering how you could get it to form an entire sentence in itself.
On behalf of the Council of London Boroughs, I'd like to relate this transcript from their meeting on 24 November AD 1872.
HACKNEY delegation: In the matter of spices, all are agreed that those from abroad are of a finer taste.
TOWER HAMLETS delegation: That may be so, but surely this is merely a matter of nomenclature; our herbs are the finest in the world.
HAMMERSMITH delegation: [launches into a long diatribe about the dangers of basil, particularly when mixed with oregano]
The GREENWICH delegation, [chairing the meeting]:
And I'm afraid that's time.
HAMMERSMITH delegation: No, that's oregano. Don't even get me started on thyme.
KENSINGTON delegation: [with gentle superiority]. Greenwich mean time.
TCH
Post a Comment
<< Home