Friday, October 28, 2005

Civilisation?

Career plans are proceeding a[leisurely]pace, so I took my notebooks and guides with me to Bath this afternoon to meet some friends and discuss, surprise surprise, my career plans. Amongst other things. So I sat on the station, making a list of things to do right now, and I sat in Queen Square, reading the graduates' guide in New Scientist, feeling very grown-up and civilised. Shame I have to spend money and time on a train to find a civilised place to sit... I was all iPodded up too which, I find, takes the sting out of wandering a less-than-perfect town. It does also tend to make me feel invisible or invulnerable though, which could be rather dangerous; at least it screens out any heckling I might elicit from passers-by. On the train home again - considerably faster (downhill I suppose), with darkness drawing on, trying to keep upright in the vestibule (hehe, that's a funny word), last movement of the TurangaƮla Symphony playing, making sure to turn my back on the disgustingly sweet couple across the other side, I quite neglected to count the seconds through Box tunnel. But never mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home