Meh
I didn't get to go to Sainsbury's, but I was allowed to go on a trip to Somerfield... some pegs further down the excitement scale... They didn't have any triple-chocolate cookies (I think this town is considered too down-market for them), but I did get chocolate digestives, which are now disappearing fast.
It's at times like those, as I stared around at the reasonably-priced, overpackaged wonders, that it occurs to me how my life has gone precisely nowhere. How depressing. Even more boring than shopping there, incidentally, is being the security guard. What a mind-freezingly tedious job that must be.
Outside, some young blades in their silly little cars were getting ready for an evening tooling round and round the town centre. What fun. I even saw a Vauxhall Nova... old-school, etc.
Mum's logic, that since something is suitable for vegetarians I must want to buy it, is a little odd.
I'm a bit fed up with Dad's insisting that I be insured on his car and then taking it to work, so thinking of changing to Mum's - which will be cheaper and should also allow me to carry my bike around. It's an amazing car, largely for having acquired an enormous variety of dents and scratches for a car that only leaves the garage for about three hours a week... damage that Mum has always steadfastly refused to have repaired, even the conspicuous dent that resulted from a disagreement between two-week-old car and high kerb...
Anyway, more biscuits...
It's at times like those, as I stared around at the reasonably-priced, overpackaged wonders, that it occurs to me how my life has gone precisely nowhere. How depressing. Even more boring than shopping there, incidentally, is being the security guard. What a mind-freezingly tedious job that must be.
Outside, some young blades in their silly little cars were getting ready for an evening tooling round and round the town centre. What fun. I even saw a Vauxhall Nova... old-school, etc.
Mum's logic, that since something is suitable for vegetarians I must want to buy it, is a little odd.
I'm a bit fed up with Dad's insisting that I be insured on his car and then taking it to work, so thinking of changing to Mum's - which will be cheaper and should also allow me to carry my bike around. It's an amazing car, largely for having acquired an enormous variety of dents and scratches for a car that only leaves the garage for about three hours a week... damage that Mum has always steadfastly refused to have repaired, even the conspicuous dent that resulted from a disagreement between two-week-old car and high kerb...
Anyway, more biscuits...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home