Nice day for it...
... as that pleasant young family said when I held the gate for them. And indeed it is. (Of course, I'm not very good at the jovial small-talk)
I cycled over to Lacock, where it was bank holiday yip-a-dee-doo-dah fun day, with Vikings and wheelbarrow races and everything. It was very busy indeed, and I had to be careful not to run over any small children, especially when I cycled through the ford. Accidentally, I met Andy and Vicky, which was nice.
My undoing came on the way home, when I pulled over for some other cycles coming the other way and evidently ran over a thorny twig. The hiss of escaping air said it all... Of course I haven't a clue how to deal with punctures, so I half-heartedly wasted some of the contents of my repair kit in an attempt to stem the flow, then rang home for a lift. Hehe.
Think I probably only managed about six miles in all.
So, anyone know how to fix a puncture? A trip to the bike shop may be in order...
I cycled over to Lacock, where it was bank holiday yip-a-dee-doo-dah fun day, with Vikings and wheelbarrow races and everything. It was very busy indeed, and I had to be careful not to run over any small children, especially when I cycled through the ford. Accidentally, I met Andy and Vicky, which was nice.
My undoing came on the way home, when I pulled over for some other cycles coming the other way and evidently ran over a thorny twig. The hiss of escaping air said it all... Of course I haven't a clue how to deal with punctures, so I half-heartedly wasted some of the contents of my repair kit in an attempt to stem the flow, then rang home for a lift. Hehe.
Think I probably only managed about six miles in all.
So, anyone know how to fix a puncture? A trip to the bike shop may be in order...

3 Comments:
Unfortunately he was silly enough to go out without a pump. I'd even packed a spare inner tube into his saddle bag for situations such as these. But with no means to inflate... honestly!
Perhaps this will mean an end to his recent reliance on me and alex to carry spares!
Nah... the fact that I was close enough to home to walk if necessary means I haven't learned a thing...
Just kidding... if not a pump, I could have used a lock to allow me to walk home without the bike until I could bring a car, if necessary. etc.
I always smile nicely and flirt with someone until they do it for me (this is for all things bike maintenance related). I can send you Dan's number if you like! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home