Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Like Lady Catherine...

... de Bourgh, I am most seriously displeased. Well, a bit. See (5) especially.

1) No sign of the spider, yet.

2) Another ten miles or so. I managed to change the tyres back to Cruizers - though whoever said it was 'easy' has yet to convince me, and it would've been better if my bike was clean. Word of advice: don't try to do it in 'normal' clothes, especially white ones. Then the brakes were stuck on, so I hauled up to Alex's and he showed me the really obvious loose bit of metal. So thanks to Andy for tuition and Alex for 'phone and ultimately actual support!

3) We went to Biddestone, which was nice.

4) The girls of a certain local catholic secondary school have possibly the sluttiest interpretation of school uniform I've ever seen.

5) The scales reveal that I'm still near an all-time high weight, which is most displeasing and suggests that all the cycling, and the risk of permanent helmet hair (on the foundation of an already dodgy barnet) is kind of for nothing. Tuh... I suspect that it'll be hard to control my weight now that I've lost the twice-daily joy of Upper Hall, chips, beans and mysterious pastry et al.

6) The bro's gf finished off my rock cakes, and seemed to think they were OK (which is high praise, from her). Mum gave her a birthday present, which was nice but a bit of a liberty I thought, given that she still owes me presents for the last two birthdays... hehe...

7) If I ever meet the dude who designs garden hose attachments, we may have to Have Words.

8) Feeling a bit devil-may-care, I decided to shout at the kids climbing onto our wall. "Oi, get down from there... No, you might fall ... I'm still watching ... I'm still watching and this time I have a hose..."

9) Steph and Toby called, which was nice.

10) I've just been watching some adolescents (or thereabouts) playing with newspapers on the green outside. Who says the young are stuck for things to do... they appear to have made some leaves into missiles, burned a couple of others, and fashioned a rudimentary nest out of the remainder. I could comment on the appropriateness of crop-tops on a girl of about 13, but I shan't.

Ah, they've gone now... dumped the newspapers in someone's recycling box and (one of them at least) decided to smoke a cigarette rather than a newspaper. I could make some comment about council-house kids here, but I suppose it would be hugely unjust. I think it's more a case of kids generally...

11) There's nothing on TV so I'm not sure when to bother cooking dinner - I have another risotto planned to use up the last of the rice, but I generally prefer to cook when there's something on TV to keep me company...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home