Just been down to the kitchen...
... for food, which I didn't get, and there's a spider almost the size of a small mouse. Well, OK, a really small mouse. Anyway the others are asleep and I wasn't sure what to do, so I've used some towels to plug the gap under the door - luckily there's only one door from the kitchen into the rest of the house, although it does give spidey the run of the whole kitchen side of the house, perhaps 300 sq ft. Not sure whether I should go back and try to tackle it... what'd be good is a glass on a long stick, that I could drop over and contain it... trouble is if it's gone in the morning when the others get up, I just know it'll come out again once they're gone... and if I can't get into the kitchen, I can't eat or get to the garage (car, bike) or anything! Oddly this wasn't actually a scary spider, perhaps because it a) wasn't in my room b) wasn't moving, but I don't want to be here alone with it...
---
This, of course, could be the retribution I feared earlier - I found a small dead spider (or was it a skin?) on top of a speaker in my room, and chucked it out of the kitchen french-windows - as I then realised, in view of another spider that was hanging around. I think I'm being pretty accommodating atm frankly; there are several spiders living inside that I don't consider big enough (yet!) to be scary, including two in the corner above my desk. The garden's full of them, too. Of course this is largely OK because the proper garden spiders don't come into the house, although they do rather disrupt gardening, because I don't want ot break their webs (or walk into them, for that matter). I think the problem is that there are a lot of webs around the outside of the house, and in the garage which is part of the house. And of course if you try to clear them you just stir up the spiders and probably make it worse... I've suspected spiders of living in the living-room fireplace before now, as well...
---
02:34: Just evicted a (smaller but still scary) spider from my room... it ran across and hid by the bookcase as I was reading in bed, so i grabbed my spider-vacuum and waited... luckily it ran out, straight into my trap. Not sure how it got in; I thought my door was tightly-fitting enough to keep them out, so perhaps it was the window, or it was already here. So I've closed the windows completely now, and put some towels across the door, just in case. What this does mean of course is that any that are already in here are likely to stay... I don't understand the attraction, frankly... there can't be much to eat in here to support such large animals... anyway, I think I'd probably better get to sleep before I can see any more.
---
09:54: Before Mum left this morning she informed me that they haven't seen any sign of the spider... and I have a suspicion they've left the kitchen door open so it could be anywhere. I'm fairly certain it can't get in under my door, but I guess I'm going to have to go down at some point. Not sure what to do if it appears though; it's probably too big for my spider-vac. Probably run a way squealing like a little girl, I guess.
---
This, of course, could be the retribution I feared earlier - I found a small dead spider (or was it a skin?) on top of a speaker in my room, and chucked it out of the kitchen french-windows - as I then realised, in view of another spider that was hanging around. I think I'm being pretty accommodating atm frankly; there are several spiders living inside that I don't consider big enough (yet!) to be scary, including two in the corner above my desk. The garden's full of them, too. Of course this is largely OK because the proper garden spiders don't come into the house, although they do rather disrupt gardening, because I don't want ot break their webs (or walk into them, for that matter). I think the problem is that there are a lot of webs around the outside of the house, and in the garage which is part of the house. And of course if you try to clear them you just stir up the spiders and probably make it worse... I've suspected spiders of living in the living-room fireplace before now, as well...
---
02:34: Just evicted a (smaller but still scary) spider from my room... it ran across and hid by the bookcase as I was reading in bed, so i grabbed my spider-vacuum and waited... luckily it ran out, straight into my trap. Not sure how it got in; I thought my door was tightly-fitting enough to keep them out, so perhaps it was the window, or it was already here. So I've closed the windows completely now, and put some towels across the door, just in case. What this does mean of course is that any that are already in here are likely to stay... I don't understand the attraction, frankly... there can't be much to eat in here to support such large animals... anyway, I think I'd probably better get to sleep before I can see any more.
---
09:54: Before Mum left this morning she informed me that they haven't seen any sign of the spider... and I have a suspicion they've left the kitchen door open so it could be anywhere. I'm fairly certain it can't get in under my door, but I guess I'm going to have to go down at some point. Not sure what to do if it appears though; it's probably too big for my spider-vac. Probably run a way squealing like a little girl, I guess.

1 Comments:
Shula, you can't kill spiders. Haven't you ever read James & the Giant Peach? Well, I haven't, but I know what happens to the spider-killing aunts...
Post a Comment
<< Home