Hot Cold Hot Cold Hot Cold
1) Forgot to mention the other day: note to flashing signs on A420... Yes, I can see the bloody bastard crossroads, I'm already well below the speed limit and there's nothing there either. Honestly... I think these signs are very effective, but surely when they always flash they lose their impact, not to mention making us feel victimised!
2) Bremner, Bird & Fortune is on, but I never really got into it. Also - and this will sound terribly matronly - I don't really think it suitable to say 'shit' on television a little after 8pm. Though of course I'm all for colourful language amongst consenting adults.
3) Channel 5 is showing some 'World's Worst Celebrity Drivers' thing or suchlike; me being me, and Channel 5 being Channel 5, most of those named in the trailer were people I'd never heard of. Nonetheless, I watched for a minute or so, to see Brian Blessed being told that he wouldn't pass a driving test and reply, thoughtfully, "Hmm, interesting". I think I'm with the Chief Constable of Durham here, who lately suggested that all drivers take a test every five years*. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
---
*Or so I thought, but I can't find a link to it atm... So here instead is another chance to see the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester being shot with a taser. (I told this to some friends of my parents, and they weren't keen to believe me)
Oh and whilst looking, I found a link to a pro-4x4 site, which might help to inform the SUV debate. I was particularly interested to discover that a Chrysler MPV is a zero-emission vehicle... Still, they provide a reminder that it's not all black-and-white.
---
I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm unemployable; even looking at adverts in the local press (almost always for permanent jobs, not what I want) I'm always thinking "well, I'm not the kind of person they'd want". Which is probably true. I suspect my life will have failed to live up to its on-paper promise...
---
The fact that the Channel 4 subtitler couldn't even spell 'Malcolm Rifkind' doesn't bode well for him.
---
Perhaps we could learn something from Baldrick, who once said
2) Bremner, Bird & Fortune is on, but I never really got into it. Also - and this will sound terribly matronly - I don't really think it suitable to say 'shit' on television a little after 8pm. Though of course I'm all for colourful language amongst consenting adults.
3) Channel 5 is showing some 'World's Worst Celebrity Drivers' thing or suchlike; me being me, and Channel 5 being Channel 5, most of those named in the trailer were people I'd never heard of. Nonetheless, I watched for a minute or so, to see Brian Blessed being told that he wouldn't pass a driving test and reply, thoughtfully, "Hmm, interesting". I think I'm with the Chief Constable of Durham here, who lately suggested that all drivers take a test every five years*. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
---
*Or so I thought, but I can't find a link to it atm... So here instead is another chance to see the Chief Constable of Greater Manchester being shot with a taser. (I told this to some friends of my parents, and they weren't keen to believe me)
Oh and whilst looking, I found a link to a pro-4x4 site, which might help to inform the SUV debate. I was particularly interested to discover that a Chrysler MPV is a zero-emission vehicle... Still, they provide a reminder that it's not all black-and-white.
---
I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm unemployable; even looking at adverts in the local press (almost always for permanent jobs, not what I want) I'm always thinking "well, I'm not the kind of person they'd want". Which is probably true. I suspect my life will have failed to live up to its on-paper promise...
---
The fact that the Channel 4 subtitler couldn't even spell 'Malcolm Rifkind' doesn't bode well for him.
---
Perhaps we could learn something from Baldrick, who once said
What, kinky stuff? Yeah, I'm gamePerhaps not in the specific sense, but in seeing the virtue of being venturesome rather than held back by our own inhibition. Erm, despite the choice of quotation this was not meant to be a lascivious suggestion...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home