Sunday AM
Andrew Marr's [ah, now I get it, AM] new programme begins with a montage of him driving to work in a Nissan Figaro. No idea why. It's kind of groovy though. I never got into Breakfast with Frost but I can see this being a reasonable accompaniment to Sunday breakfast - it's nice to find something on a Sunday morning that's not religion or bloody sport, anyway (cricket excepted, for one weekend only). Bringing out Sir John Major to report on conditions at The Oval was genius, too. He was on Today this week as well, discussing cricket with Sir Mick Jagger; suspect he prefers cricket to government...
I'm rather in awe of all these people who can be up and functioning so early in the morning; even more extreme are Today presenters; and just think how early they must have to go to bed! Madness... hehe.
The new Berliner Guardian was revealed, too - it looks quite a groovy size, and I think the tabloid broadsheets should consider scaling up - I will allow that full broadsheet is very large and rather unwieldy unless you have a big table / kitchen counter for it, but there's still something not quite right about a tabloid. Incidentally, at the shops yesterday I realised that only the FT and Torygraph remain full-size now - how long ago was it that the papers started to shrink? "Oh my G_d," was the Daily Mail woman's immediate response to the Berliner - perhaps disappointingly, nobody asked her to expand upon that reaction...
My hands are fairly painful; too much heat, sun, wheat and dairy I suspect. Suppose I shall have to wear gloves for a while.
There's a bunch of stuff I'd quite like to buy at the moment - cycling stuff, new DVDs and CDs, etc. - but I'm conscious of the need to conserve my resources given that I have neither an income nor any prospect thereof...
On the subject of science journalism and the like, I was looking into some courses at Imperial. However, I'm not about to spend £4,000 plus expenses doing a Masters that might not lead to somewhere I want to go; plus it looks like they don't want people fresh from their BA. Makes you wonder if anyone does...
---
Ooh, iTunes 5.0 looks very different to 4.8 ...
---
Thankfully in the ten or so houses around us there are no kids (only one or two secondary-agers), but further up and down the street are plenty, so they amuse themselves playing football and riding up and down on bikes and skateboards (our street is a long, straightish hill). This is all very well I'm sure, but it doesn't suit me... like Moe Szyslak
Have been doing some ironing for Mum whilst watching cricket; the others are clearing out the huge volume of stuff we removed from the loft yesterday (mostly empty cardboard boxes, wonder why we kept them all...). It strikes me that the only rooms a house needs are a kitchen, a study or library, a bathroom, and somewhere to sleep - perhaps a gallery above the study. So as you see, my life is unlikely to fit into a standard house. I get the feeling that most people never think about these things, and just fit their lives to the house. But I guess that's what financial concerns force us to do.
The loft now being revealed as pretty big, I'm still wondering how it would be if converted into rooms. The views should be very impressive, for a start. But I think it would make the house impractically large. I still like the idea of extending the kitchen too, to make a square of side 20ft or thereabouts rather than an L-shape, but this would make the already small garden even smaller. So probably better leave it as it is...
I'm rather in awe of all these people who can be up and functioning so early in the morning; even more extreme are Today presenters; and just think how early they must have to go to bed! Madness... hehe.
The new Berliner Guardian was revealed, too - it looks quite a groovy size, and I think the tabloid broadsheets should consider scaling up - I will allow that full broadsheet is very large and rather unwieldy unless you have a big table / kitchen counter for it, but there's still something not quite right about a tabloid. Incidentally, at the shops yesterday I realised that only the FT and Torygraph remain full-size now - how long ago was it that the papers started to shrink? "Oh my G_d," was the Daily Mail woman's immediate response to the Berliner - perhaps disappointingly, nobody asked her to expand upon that reaction...
My hands are fairly painful; too much heat, sun, wheat and dairy I suspect. Suppose I shall have to wear gloves for a while.
There's a bunch of stuff I'd quite like to buy at the moment - cycling stuff, new DVDs and CDs, etc. - but I'm conscious of the need to conserve my resources given that I have neither an income nor any prospect thereof...
On the subject of science journalism and the like, I was looking into some courses at Imperial. However, I'm not about to spend £4,000 plus expenses doing a Masters that might not lead to somewhere I want to go; plus it looks like they don't want people fresh from their BA. Makes you wonder if anyone does...
---
Ooh, iTunes 5.0 looks very different to 4.8 ...
---
Thankfully in the ten or so houses around us there are no kids (only one or two secondary-agers), but further up and down the street are plenty, so they amuse themselves playing football and riding up and down on bikes and skateboards (our street is a long, straightish hill). This is all very well I'm sure, but it doesn't suit me... like Moe Szyslak
I'm not used to the laughter of children; it cuts through me like a dentist's drillWhich suggests that if I ever get a place of my own, it should be perhaps in a city centre, or maybe somewhere like Charlton Park (no under-16s allowed). Call be Ebenezer.
Have been doing some ironing for Mum whilst watching cricket; the others are clearing out the huge volume of stuff we removed from the loft yesterday (mostly empty cardboard boxes, wonder why we kept them all...). It strikes me that the only rooms a house needs are a kitchen, a study or library, a bathroom, and somewhere to sleep - perhaps a gallery above the study. So as you see, my life is unlikely to fit into a standard house. I get the feeling that most people never think about these things, and just fit their lives to the house. But I guess that's what financial concerns force us to do.
The loft now being revealed as pretty big, I'm still wondering how it would be if converted into rooms. The views should be very impressive, for a start. But I think it would make the house impractically large. I still like the idea of extending the kitchen too, to make a square of side 20ft or thereabouts rather than an L-shape, but this would make the already small garden even smaller. So probably better leave it as it is...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home