Marlboroughtacular
Today a trip to Marlborough was in order; by car, rather than bike, I hasten to add. Initial plans to set out at midday were pushed back slightly by my waking at 11:35, but soon I was on the road. Having picked up Jack, Shula and Miranda on the way, we adjourned to the Polly Tea-Rooms to meet Steph and be oh-so-English in honour of her return by partaking of cream tea. I think it ticked all the right boxes: appropriately English stodgy food: tick; trying to eat a leetle too much cream and feeling sick: tick; conventionally pretty waitresses: tick; tea, and lots of it: double tick. Having settled the bill in uncharacteristically efficient fashion, without any scrabbling on the floor and without one unfortunate member of the party having to throw more and more twenties into the pile which mysteriously never seems to add up to the right amount, we wondered what to do next.
At this point Shula finally understood the correspondence between having five people to transport from Marlborough, and my reminder that the car only has four seats. We then ascertained that the Wigglybus we'd just watched depart from the bus stop was the last for two hours; and that Roy wasn't in his taxi. So there followed some pleasant rambling and ramblings, watching water off a duck's back and debating on the matter of Dahl vs. Rowling.
Shula and Miranda then made their way home, in two stages. I hope they appreciated our detour in the car to visit them as they waited for the bus in Avebury. Finally it was time for tea, the inescapable lure of chocolate-covered biscuits, the crazy animals, and the gross irritation of Shula's devotion to Exploder.
I think that more or less covers it.
At this point Shula finally understood the correspondence between having five people to transport from Marlborough, and my reminder that the car only has four seats. We then ascertained that the Wigglybus we'd just watched depart from the bus stop was the last for two hours; and that Roy wasn't in his taxi. So there followed some pleasant rambling and ramblings, watching water off a duck's back and debating on the matter of Dahl vs. Rowling.
Shula and Miranda then made their way home, in two stages. I hope they appreciated our detour in the car to visit them as they waited for the bus in Avebury. Finally it was time for tea, the inescapable lure of chocolate-covered biscuits, the crazy animals, and the gross irritation of Shula's devotion to Exploder.
I think that more or less covers it.

4 Comments:
Thanks for that. Do you have the sneaking suspicion I do that the, make One Particular Member throw on Excess Money only happens when I'm there? Not that I'm paranoid or anything.
[Name screened so the FBI can't track me.]
Not just when you're there; in different company I've known someone else be the repeated Particular Member ...
That's alright then. I would ask how you know who I am, but I imagine a combination of Magic and my distinctively torturous style covers it ;-)
TCH
T: there are only two Particular Members I can think of, and your style identified you! Not sure about 'distinctively tortuous', mind...
Shula: superb idea :)
Post a Comment
<< Home