Well, at least the desk's tidy
Not getting far with the tidying yet today. But, as inspired by Jack, it's time for tea. When I was away the other week I discovered the joys of the teapot (as previously expounded by the A Cup Of Tea Solves Everything group)... and the tea-tray fits neatly on top of one of the bookcases. Hurrah!
I'm concerned about my violin. Or rather, the fact that I haven't played it since June 23rd. Traditionally, I don't play during Easter term until the end of quiet period, and I did play a few times then, but haven't since. I suppose I've been discouraged by the suspicion that I'll never play in an orchestra or a concert again, and I'm kind of bored with all the music I have, and I suspect a little disheartened by certain other Christ's violinists making it so clear how superior they considered themselves. Hehe. Still, I really should try to get back into the habit.
I'm concerned about my violin. Or rather, the fact that I haven't played it since June 23rd. Traditionally, I don't play during Easter term until the end of quiet period, and I did play a few times then, but haven't since. I suppose I've been discouraged by the suspicion that I'll never play in an orchestra or a concert again, and I'm kind of bored with all the music I have, and I suspect a little disheartened by certain other Christ's violinists making it so clear how superior they considered themselves. Hehe. Still, I really should try to get back into the habit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home