Sunday, August 14, 2005

Human Slaves, in an Insect Nation

Not much time to write now... 24 awaits, and probably some Harry Potter after that - finally started re-reading HBP. Mind you, this pattern is leading me back into the bed-at-3am habit, so perhaps I should just go to bed. After 24.

Spent several hours today sweeping out the garage, which is rather dusty and full of cobwebs. We managed to evict a fair number of spiders out into the garden or onto the green, and tidied up a bit. So hurrah. Then 'we' (i.e. almost entirely me) washed Mum's car. How very Sunday-suburban.

Tried to improve the surround-sound setup in our living room, without too much success because I'm not allowed to change much. The room's not used that often anyway, besides which the TV/surround sound will need replacing in the next few years (in my view) / months (in Dad's) so maybe it's just not worth bothering... The joys of having to defer to parents. Grrr.

Still haven't finished my room-tidying project. It's rather a baffling world full of assorted junk, and I'm not sure what to do next...

Then on Coast, the delightful Alice Roberts told us all about the Dounreay nuclear installation. A veritable Rachel de Thame of biomedical science and surfing... For the uninitiated, see here, here and, bizarrely, here.

Aims for this week: begin doing some of the things on my To Do list. Check notes to see if there's anything good from Stratford, and if not, stop promising to blog about it. If so, blog about it. Get a move on with the new-bike plan.

Now if you'll excuse me, it's 1am in LA and Jack Bauer has a world to save...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, I'm still waiting (somewhat patiently) for your Stratford blog, if that makes any difference to your decision.

TCH

August 16, 2005 8:39 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

I don't know where the notes are at the moment, but I hope to get around to it. Don't hold your breath because there won't be anything interesting in it even if I do!

August 17, 2005 1:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home