Meaningless Commentary 1A
The BBC's 'intelligence expert' tells us "events are happening in real, real, real time". Thanks for that.
Also: why must supposedly reputable news channels keep up this constant ticker across the screen? It wouldn't be so bad if it was informative, but they all seem to be carrying pointless SMS sentiments from complete nobodies at the moment. There's a place for complete nobodies to make their ill-formed comments, it's called blogspot, not national television. Besides which, "careless talk" etc. Another point in favour of the radio :)
And I don't want to pre-empt an explanation of what happened this morning, but: taser, anyone?
Update 15:33 - looks like the CCTV imagery from yesterday is pretty good. Rather tasteless sense of humour displayed by the suspect wearing a 'New York' hoodie, I thought...
Also: why must supposedly reputable news channels keep up this constant ticker across the screen? It wouldn't be so bad if it was informative, but they all seem to be carrying pointless SMS sentiments from complete nobodies at the moment. There's a place for complete nobodies to make their ill-formed comments, it's called blogspot, not national television. Besides which, "careless talk" etc. Another point in favour of the radio :)
And I don't want to pre-empt an explanation of what happened this morning, but: taser, anyone?
Update 15:33 - looks like the CCTV imagery from yesterday is pretty good. Rather tasteless sense of humour displayed by the suspect wearing a 'New York' hoodie, I thought...

3 Comments:
New terror guidelines say shoot to kill, so I'm guessing they were taking it literally. Also, if he was rigged, was shooting at him the best idea (unless all headshots, but the police aren't saying much). Another problem with killing/rendering unconscious using a taster is if they have dead man's switches which would go off in the event of relaxation of the muscle.
Either way, when i get to London I think I'm going to be cycling! (Although, what with events in Maida Vale, nothing appears to be safe anymore!)
I guess you're right - but I did wonder if a dead man's switch might not go off if the man was dead, too? It seems like a pretty extreme solution especially given that they can't question a dead man, but I guess they had to take a tough decision. And yes, I'd expect headshots. Ick.
What happened in Maida Vale? Missed that...
They are unlikely to have a dead mans switch, that would require some intelligence. Which they are unliekly to have.
Also, you are unlikely to set off a bomb by shooting it, as generally a bomb is made of two parts, with the detanator needed to be activated in order to set off the main charge.
jonc
Post a Comment
<< Home