Infectious
A medic friend, Hannah, sends this message:
I'm carrying out a project for my Medicine course which involves researching the knowledge and attitudes of infectious diseases. Please can you help me out by filling in a questionnaire.
It shouldn't take too long and will be anonymous. If possible, please could you also forward it onto any of your friends as I need as many responses as possible and a wide variety.
Hope you do better than me; there are diseases there I hadn't even heard of...
Have been spending a 'productive' couple of hours adding the appropriate artwork to my iTunes library. Fun.
It occurs to me that spending so little time in social and extra-curricular activites when at college, was only possibly justifiable if I was going to stay in academia (and probably not even then). Since I'm probably neither smart enough nor interested enough to do so, it appears that I've rather wasted the last three years. It's not even as if I worked that hard, but I feel that I've missed out on a lot of other stuff I should have done. [sigh]
I'm carrying out a project for my Medicine course which involves researching the knowledge and attitudes of infectious diseases. Please can you help me out by filling in a questionnaire.
It shouldn't take too long and will be anonymous. If possible, please could you also forward it onto any of your friends as I need as many responses as possible and a wide variety.
Hope you do better than me; there are diseases there I hadn't even heard of...
Have been spending a 'productive' couple of hours adding the appropriate artwork to my iTunes library. Fun.
It occurs to me that spending so little time in social and extra-curricular activites when at college, was only possibly justifiable if I was going to stay in academia (and probably not even then). Since I'm probably neither smart enough nor interested enough to do so, it appears that I've rather wasted the last three years. It's not even as if I worked that hard, but I feel that I've missed out on a lot of other stuff I should have done. [sigh]

4 Comments:
ack, that was hard. i felt like i was being tested.
It's not even as if I worked that hard... *cough* Bollocks... you did work that hard.
Thanks Sherry; it was slightly inquisitorial wasn't it...
Alex, I didn't feel like I was working very hard this year, or at least not very 'smart'! Though I will concede that I did put the pressure on during Easter term - perhaps no more than other Christ's people though...
Well, those who go to Christ's eh? Who'd be one?! Not I.
Mind you, I'm fairly sure I'd not choose to return to Peterhouse, full of gay tories and plagiarists. Shocking place, this Cambridge University. Shocking.
Post a Comment
<< Home