Changing Times
So this afternoon I went over to condole with Andy... when you've read HBP you'll know what about, even if you don't understand!
The film crew have just gone, though I think they'll be back at some point yet...
Just been watching Top Gear and the word that came inescapably to mind was 'anachronism'. But does that make our times enlightened or emasculated? Clarkson's the worst offender, a lumbering old dinosaur, and I can't forgive his blatant disregard for environmental concerns... though who knows, perhaps his 'sod it' philosophy's right, it's certainly popular. May is more my style, especially as he championed the Boxster. I know I should be filled with laddish delight at all this roaring around in powerful cars, but really, what's the point?
They must have filmed that edition in hot weather, as the chavvy orange female members of the audience were rather more skimpily dressed than usual. The fat male members (as it were) were just as pasty as usual though, and even I could see they were walking fashion disasters... It's all about style, isn't it...
Haven't yet decided whether to re-read HBP, to abandon HP completely, or take a middle way...
Btw, linked from the facebook and many blogs, tea solves everything! I think Ms. Rowling has provided another event that should be added though...
The film crew have just gone, though I think they'll be back at some point yet...
Just been watching Top Gear and the word that came inescapably to mind was 'anachronism'. But does that make our times enlightened or emasculated? Clarkson's the worst offender, a lumbering old dinosaur, and I can't forgive his blatant disregard for environmental concerns... though who knows, perhaps his 'sod it' philosophy's right, it's certainly popular. May is more my style, especially as he championed the Boxster. I know I should be filled with laddish delight at all this roaring around in powerful cars, but really, what's the point?
They must have filmed that edition in hot weather, as the chavvy orange female members of the audience were rather more skimpily dressed than usual. The fat male members (as it were) were just as pasty as usual though, and even I could see they were walking fashion disasters... It's all about style, isn't it...
Haven't yet decided whether to re-read HBP, to abandon HP completely, or take a middle way...
Btw, linked from the facebook and many blogs, tea solves everything! I think Ms. Rowling has provided another event that should be added though...

6 Comments:
Just finished! I read about 2/3 yesterday, then put off finishing it till today. Ahhhhhhh! We need to discuss it!
Hurrah, that's three of us finished now! I'm wondering whether I need a separate blog for HP discussions...
I'm also done. Slightly underwhelmed.
TCH
Like I said on WWTWWOS, I was more upset when Sirius died (apologies to those who are still only halfway through HP5).
Steph, you haven't blogged since Friday, as far as I can see. I think this is totally worse than Sirius, which was lame, but hey, no spoilers... yet.
Apologies, your posts have appeared now :) But still, ix-nay on the oilers-spay.
Post a Comment
<< Home