Housekeeping
Two potentially strange questions:
1) Where do you read? I don't have an armchair of any kind in my room - the layout doesn't really lend itself anyway - or a beanbag or a carpet. I would favour the floor but it's a bit cold and my lighting's not well set up for floor reading. Which only leaves the desk (not happy with the lighting here either, and I try to read to keep me away from the desk) and the bed. It's supposed to be bad sleep hygiene to do anything in bed other than sleep, not that I have an insomnia problem yet. So what's the solution?
2) What's a good flooring material for bathrooms? I guess some kind of tiles are the obvious choice, but what material? How about something else like marmoleum?
I've noticed a trend towards bitching about Ikea in the 'meejja'. Now, I'm not a big Ikea customer but I've never found anything particularly objectionable about it yet - there's always a first time, I suppose. Their stuff may not be what dreams are made of but it is strikingly cheap; in other shops I've seen furniture that costs much more and is total crap. So can we really be blamed for shopping there to get best value? If you can afford to shop somewhere 'better', then why not do so? If you find it too busy, why not go at an off-peak time? If you find it difficult to assemble flat-pack furniture, why not actually read the instructions properly? Sorry I know I'm no stranger to bitching myself but just fancied a spot of anti-bitching for once.
I tried to have a conversation of some kind with [insert name here] but apparently I'm too demanding, so I'm back online having no conversations at all.
1) Where do you read? I don't have an armchair of any kind in my room - the layout doesn't really lend itself anyway - or a beanbag or a carpet. I would favour the floor but it's a bit cold and my lighting's not well set up for floor reading. Which only leaves the desk (not happy with the lighting here either, and I try to read to keep me away from the desk) and the bed. It's supposed to be bad sleep hygiene to do anything in bed other than sleep, not that I have an insomnia problem yet. So what's the solution?
2) What's a good flooring material for bathrooms? I guess some kind of tiles are the obvious choice, but what material? How about something else like marmoleum?
I've noticed a trend towards bitching about Ikea in the 'meejja'. Now, I'm not a big Ikea customer but I've never found anything particularly objectionable about it yet - there's always a first time, I suppose. Their stuff may not be what dreams are made of but it is strikingly cheap; in other shops I've seen furniture that costs much more and is total crap. So can we really be blamed for shopping there to get best value? If you can afford to shop somewhere 'better', then why not do so? If you find it too busy, why not go at an off-peak time? If you find it difficult to assemble flat-pack furniture, why not actually read the instructions properly? Sorry I know I'm no stranger to bitching myself but just fancied a spot of anti-bitching for once.
I tried to have a conversation of some kind with [insert name here] but apparently I'm too demanding, so I'm back online having no conversations at all.

2 Comments:
I suppose the thought of reading elsewhere in the house is a viable one? Even if you can't face the threatened social contact of reading in eg the living room, how about a guest bedroom or something, a room that doesn't tend to get used a lot but has some soft furnishings.
We don't have a guest bedroom - what do you think we are, middle class? The living room is second only to the dining room as the least-used room in the house, but isn't very satisfactory for reading. Kitchen sofa might be OK during the day when the others are out, or the garden...
I'm not worried too much about furniture, I'm happy with a floor if there's a carpet or something, but lighting is quite important.
Post a Comment
<< Home