Dan Brown Again
I've already confessed to some that I've been reading The Da Vinci Code before I go back to HP. It's finished now, and ashamed as I am to admit it, I actually enjoyed a fair proportion of the book. A fairly mindless toboggan ride, and rather better written than Angels & Demons even if its subject matter is probably less exciting. Mind you, you can practically see the Hollywood film version as you read... I think he pushes too far though; he's asking us to suspend just too much disbelief. And why must he end his books with that ridiculous scene like a James Bond film? I still don't see why a world-renowned Harvard academic would be so slow, either. Obviously Brown needs to give his readers time to catch up and catch on, but it rings false somehow that Prof. Langdon (he didn't spend twenty years at symbologists' training camp to be called 'Mister'... though he doesn't seem to mind...) would be so dumb!
Anyway I shan't rant too much... My previous Dan Brown rant is in the archives somewhere :)
Anyway I shan't rant too much... My previous Dan Brown rant is in the archives somewhere :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home