Saturday, June 11, 2005

Dan Brown - Angels & Demons - completed

Well, I'll grudgingly accept that Dan Brown writes a compelling story, provided you suspend a whole lorry-load of disbelief, not least about the plausibility of Vatican officials using characteristically American idiom in their speech. The caricature of the middle-Eastern assassin was pretty clunky too. And I need to look up the date of a certain medical technological invention. I'd say the final chapter is largely worth missing, particularly as it appears to require moonlight during the daytime. But I must concede that it probably wasn't the worst book I've ever read (just trying to think what was...). Having read the blurb for his other books, one gets the impression that they have a certain amount in common...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will be on the back of the next edition of the book, you mark my words.

"Stunning- intelligent, dynamic, I couldn't put it down"
-A credent American fool

"It probably wasn't the worst book I've ever read"
-S.J.Maloney

TCH

June 11, 2005 8:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home