Friday, June 10, 2005

If you go down into Bath today...

Seems Bath isn't as safe as one might have thought... if balloons aren't falling on your head, you run the risk of being trodden on by a distracted tourist, especially if you're rather small...

Rather a cloudy day in Cambridge; perhaps that means it's a good day for sitting around outside, but only if it doesn't rain.

Just wondering whether I'll find myself in Borders again this evening... seems like the only place to go if you're not big on the carcinogenic fumes and general rowdiness of Pub... I don't see why Britain needs to lag behind Ireland (and others) in its smoking bans. I am, however, sensible that banning smoking indoors may lead to increased smoking outdoors - sometimes just walking down the street it's hard to know when to breathe. So the next step is obviously to ban public smoking in main streets entirely, perhaps relegating the smokers to dank alleyways [/partiallykidding]...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like smoke in pubs either, which is probly why i like weatherspoons so much, as they currently have well ventilated non smoking areas which are nice....and they're cheap, so despite their recent backtracking about a complete ban in all pubs (although I believe the one in Bath is atually completely smoke free now....or will be soon) i do like them....all they need to do now is get a late license so we don't have to leave at 11.........i remember being taken to the weatherspoons in cambridge cos it was one of the biggest in the country or something........

June 10, 2005 5:39 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

brightly lit plastic coated pubs??

June 11, 2005 4:05 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home