Thursday, November 09, 2006

"You should be making it easy on yourself"

Get the reference?

Having driven rather a lot over the last few days, some observations...

Annoying: people who sit in traffic with their brake lights on. Especially the super-bright variety.

Irritating: people who drive in normal conditions with their foglights on. Yes, yes, we've been here before. To be fair, the last one of the evening today was behind me and did in fact turn them off when I flashed my foglights at them. Hurrah.

Barely believable: rounding a bend on a fast A-road to find a guy in an old Mondeo overtaking a tractor, whilst talking on a hand-held cellphone.

Entertaining: making use of the fact that people don't use all available lanes to skip a long line of slow-moving traffic. Hurrah.

Plan: entertain myself / indulge in retail therapy / possibly make life easier by getting satnav. Hurrah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Aaah, you've blogged. So nice to see some one else talking about traffic. I was tempted to get out the car and yell at some one today because she (in her left hand drive black VW - I also know the index #) was pissing me off by indicating that she didn't like the fact that I maintain an appropriate distance from the car in front in roadworks (unlike her, who was so far up that all I could see was her windscreen)!

Sorry, needed to rant. Are you homeworking this weekend? I feel awfully isolated from friends and the like and want to see people!

November 10, 2006 8:50 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Yeah, other people suck :)

I've been using my sunvisor to block high-level brake lights whilst sitting in traffic, hoping people will take the hint. I'm unrealistically hopeful sometimes.

I need to be homeworking this weekend, though I'll more likely be spending money / pining. I spent last weekend with a bunch of friends and don't regret it either :)

November 10, 2006 8:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home