Sunday, October 08, 2006

"He considers insurance a form of gambling"

A certain well-known insurer has just quoted me over £2000 to insure, on a Third Party, Fire & Theft basis, the very car we were yesterday offered £700 for in part exchange. Quote me happy? Not exactly... Even the cheapest quote so far is £513 TPF&T, £720 comprehensive. It'd be nice - if unrealistic - to find an insurer who recognised that 1) the car is six and a half years old and not unshabby; 2) I've held my licence since January 2002, have no endorsements and have for most of that time been insured on one or more of my parents' cars, with no claims made; 3) I did my Pass Plus test too. It doesn't help that I need to be insured for business use, for an unknown but probably uncomfortably high annual mileage. Of course I could buy myself a car with a lower insurance grouping, but the £3000 or so that would cost for something decent compares unfavourably with the £0 I can buy this one for...

So, yeah. Just thought I'd share that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but the money you're saving from not having to buy a car can go towards insurance, surely?

October 11, 2006 5:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home