Thursday, January 05, 2006

Wanted...

... personal shopper, dietary advisor, hair stylist, career consultant, faithful companion, motivational speaker, musical tutor.

Goes way beyond 'sham girlfriend', doesn't it...

---

I like to think I'd cook more and eat better if I lived alone, what with doing all my own shopping and having the place to myself, rather than resorting to the 'get some toast and get out of the way' school of cookery. But then, if one was working even 'only' twelve-hour days, would one really want to bother? Yet another reason why I'm reluctant to put real effort into finding a career. Sigh...

Still, I was wondering earlier whether the assumption that I "couldn't possibly" live reasonably contentedly and actually make something of my life might be somewhat fallacious. Maybe I talk myself into believing life's pretty much pointless rather than into believing there are worthwhile paths I could follow. Hmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

'... personal shopper, dietary advisor, hair stylist, career consultant, faithful companion, motivational speaker, musical tutor.'

£60k a year and I'm yours.

January 08, 2006 11:24 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Hehe. That's not a bad solution; if only I was willing or able to get into the kind of massively-paid career I'd need to afford to pay like that!

[Lynne Truss has made me feel very insecure about my semi-colons, but I think I'll let that one stand]

This reminds me of a vacancy at the Careers Service back in November:

"Private tutor and mentor to 3 highly intelligent children aged ten, seven and six. Min of 12 months with an option to extend for up to 5 yrs or more. An average of 40 hrs pw, Sunday to Thursday, but flexibility is required as plans may change at short notice."

This was based in San Francisco, and was offering £50,000 plus. Unfortunately this required "At least 3 yrs teaching experience at a reputable educational institution and a current drivers license. Fluency in other languages would help application. A dynamic and energetic personality. Ability to interweave more traditional educational activities with experiental and fun activities that suit each of the children's individual characters."

And, y'know, probably an interest in working with children, and wanting to be some kind of crazy latter-day Mary Poppins...

January 08, 2006 11:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home