Palindrome fans rejoice ...
... as the mileage on the youngest car in our household (itself older than the house) passes 44044.
In other news, I've been up in London intervieweeing, making a very unconvincing attempt to pass myself off as mature and sophisticated. Further details by personal communication; suffice it to say that it was valuable experience.
[Insert predictable comments here about the kind of people who drive supercharged Range Rovers in Westminster].
I also noted again just how small central London is; a landmark around every corner. I did contemplate walking from Victoria to Paddington rather than take the tube. I let the idea drop when I realised I had no clue of either the direction or the distance. I've looked and it seems to be perhaps an hour's walk via Hyde Park (and who knew until this minute, by the way, that Kensington Gardens was part of Hyde Park? Not me), so might've been a fun way to save three English pounds. Not to worry.
Speaking of English pounds, having paid fourteen of them to have my coat cleaned (which it did need, admittedly) I'm a little disappointed to find it looking somewhat worn and creased in funny places. No doubt the fashionista doesn't keep a coat more than one season, of course. Oh and then I managed to drop avocado on it whilst struggling with a Pret wrap. It's a sophisticated life I lead.
In other news, I've been up in London intervieweeing, making a very unconvincing attempt to pass myself off as mature and sophisticated. Further details by personal communication; suffice it to say that it was valuable experience.
[Insert predictable comments here about the kind of people who drive supercharged Range Rovers in Westminster].
I also noted again just how small central London is; a landmark around every corner. I did contemplate walking from Victoria to Paddington rather than take the tube. I let the idea drop when I realised I had no clue of either the direction or the distance. I've looked and it seems to be perhaps an hour's walk via Hyde Park (and who knew until this minute, by the way, that Kensington Gardens was part of Hyde Park? Not me), so might've been a fun way to save three English pounds. Not to worry.
Speaking of English pounds, having paid fourteen of them to have my coat cleaned (which it did need, admittedly) I'm a little disappointed to find it looking somewhat worn and creased in funny places. No doubt the fashionista doesn't keep a coat more than one season, of course. Oh and then I managed to drop avocado on it whilst struggling with a Pret wrap. It's a sophisticated life I lead.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home