Friday, December 02, 2005

Gosh, how tiring...

... actually been doing something today - sent four applications off. Mind you I'm not even sure they're within the deadline and I'm certainly not going to say who they were to, whether I think I have any chance, or whether I really want to work for them! I also have three of those multistage online applications in their early phases so at least things are moving along a bit. But now I just want to flake out in my chair and eat toast and stuff. Oh and I placed an Amazon order too, first time in a while - Cleolinda's m15m book, the LOTR extended trilogy, and the Lemony Snicket soundtrack (at £1.96 you can't go far wrong, even if you use it as a coaster. Sounds curiously like the Finding Nemo soundtrack to me... anyway it's less than 7p per track. What if it's cursed though? That'd be pretty far wrong... [/digress])

I've noticed in the graduate profiles a lot of 'two years here, three years there' kind of stuff, which is comforting cos it helps reinforce the "you have to do something now but it's not for ever" message. I still haven't found anyone whose hobbies include music though... I suppose they don't have time now even if they used to. I even saw one whose extra-curricular activities included 'hanging with friends'. Can't quite believe that's the kind of thing that gets you the job though.

One thing I've noticed lately is my sad lack of 'positions of responsibility'. I can't really fall back on "school prefect, 1998" especially as that didn't actually really involve any responsibility. In terms of actual responsibility perhaps I could cite "driving licence holder"... Or go back to university and become president of every society I could find, including some I make up myself.

I am aware that I should actually be writing about last weekend now that I have time and inclination to blog, so maybe I'll do that.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention I have an advent candle in my room but no advent calendar. Which is something that needs to be rectified. And also means that I have to use a lighter, and have an actual flame in my room. Scary, no?

What do you think of the idea (not mine) of traffic lights, possibly arbitrary ones, that turn red if you approach them too fast?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home