Thursday, November 24, 2005

Isn't it nice when things just work?

I set out for a rehearsal around 7; no Archers cos we can't get the radio code thingy to work. The roads were full of - we must assume - stressy middle-aged rush-hour tail-enders, in a bad mood at day's end, impatient in their big Audis and Volvos. One of them I quite a dislike to my failure to race both towards and away from a traffic light. You see these cars twitching in their eagerness to overtake and hare off up the road and think, really, what's the point? Surprising as it may be to those who know how prominently cars have figured in my life, I don't think I'd like at all having to use a car every day. But if I did have to, I think I'd gladly stay at work an extra hour or two and have the road to myself...

... on which point, after rehearsal that went reasonably well I thought, I drove home again. The roads were clear, the sky was clear, the car was humming contentedly (erm... ok...) and it all went wonderfully. Even the uphill-round-a-corner reversing into the garage went better than I can remember. Couldn't have asked for more. Simple things, eh?

[This is of course the point where I find out that I ran over some innocent little shrew or something]

Erm, anyway, no point to this post really. Hope everyone's feeling groovy. Incidentally the title is a rather blatant Honda rip-off, which may be because I think the new Civic is really cool :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

I saw Alex last night (after you had left him) and he said you were sure to have blogged once you got home. Which can only mean that you're not home yet. That or for some reason you're withholding (two "h"s or one?) the bloggity goodness. Either way, not good.

November 28, 2005 5:16 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Gosh, ever get the feeling your every action is being scrutinised?! I did make it home despite the engineering works and the substitution of a five-coach Adelante for an eight-coach HST [suppose if you have to stand all the way from London to Bath it might as well be in the newest train]... I wondered if now might not be a good time to ease off on the blogging, but on the other hand perhaps I can fit it in later between ISIHAC, The Archers, University Challenge (go Christ's, as if we don't already know the outcome)... oh yeah and making spreadsheets of companies to apply to (currently up to 177).

So in short, if people want to read it, I'll write something soon :)

And yes, I think two aitches.

November 28, 2005 5:35 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

Not scrutinised per se. Although we did talk about your sleeping habits as well.

November 28, 2005 10:08 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

[Laughs out loud]

Incidentally I've done that more this evening than for ages, what with Buzzcocks, Broken News and BoJo on HIGNFY :)

November 28, 2005 11:11 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home