Drains to nowhere...
Spent the rest of the afternoon outside, trying to call our rather sorry-looking front garden into order. Which degenerated into scooping out four years' worth of soil that's collected in a drain on the driveway that doesn't actually drain anywhere but slopes downward from a border. Which genius designed that? I had to move a bunch of stuff out of the way to make way for a neighbour's funeral procession - coming back, not going out, thankfully. Shortly after, a neighbour, who must be somewhere between six and ten, appeared on a skateboard to see what I was doing. Apparently, I'm the oldest, she just saw the other one in his car, his music's very loud and he drives rather fast, how come I don't have a car?, is that your drain?, men are very mad.
---
On Radio 3 now, Ligeti's Poeme Symphonique for 100 Metronomes. No, really.
---
On Radio 3 now, Ligeti's Poeme Symphonique for 100 Metronomes. No, really.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home