I don't wanna grow old...
... won't you let me, won't you let me explode ... in a karaoke supernova?
Found my college scarf this morning. In the wrong season (wrong weather/temperature context), the wrong place (home), still not having come to terms with leaving college, and being reminded of people who wore it, it nearly set off a dangerous nostalgia. I have been considering how, despite the difficult times along the way, and the fact that I was far from being a 'proper' student in many ways, it was an indescribable three years. But I need to move on, which means I have to hurry up with tidying my room so I can think about what to do... Hoping to see Andy tomorrow but should have plenty of time for tidying too. Need to see Alex sometime too, can't remember when I saw him last though I know I've seen him once since his exams - ah, probably the Ben Folds concert on - I think - June 16.
Managed to beat my nine-year-old cousin in a hard-fought game of draughts. Hurrah.
Yesterday Mum and I were roaming the town (as you, erm, don't) and chanced upon the new 1007 at the Peugeot dealership. I was quite taken by it, which surprised me (though I couldn't see myself buying one) - maybe I identify with something that's wilfully strange... For the uninitiated, this is a small hatchback made very heavy and rather expensive by having powered sliding doors. Can't help but think it's pretty pointless, but being a man, I like a gadget. Jeremy Clarkson in the Times notes that it's hard to know which button on the remote control opens which door, as the salesman ably demonstrated. I think it's worth considering to replace our, erm, rustic Citroën, and the fact that it's hugely unlikely to appeal to the 'boy racer' (or 'twat', as I prefer to call them) sector whilst not being terribly suitable for people with children either is a huge point in its favour.
Found my college scarf this morning. In the wrong season (wrong weather/temperature context), the wrong place (home), still not having come to terms with leaving college, and being reminded of people who wore it, it nearly set off a dangerous nostalgia. I have been considering how, despite the difficult times along the way, and the fact that I was far from being a 'proper' student in many ways, it was an indescribable three years. But I need to move on, which means I have to hurry up with tidying my room so I can think about what to do... Hoping to see Andy tomorrow but should have plenty of time for tidying too. Need to see Alex sometime too, can't remember when I saw him last though I know I've seen him once since his exams - ah, probably the Ben Folds concert on - I think - June 16.
Managed to beat my nine-year-old cousin in a hard-fought game of draughts. Hurrah.
Yesterday Mum and I were roaming the town (as you, erm, don't) and chanced upon the new 1007 at the Peugeot dealership. I was quite taken by it, which surprised me (though I couldn't see myself buying one) - maybe I identify with something that's wilfully strange... For the uninitiated, this is a small hatchback made very heavy and rather expensive by having powered sliding doors. Can't help but think it's pretty pointless, but being a man, I like a gadget. Jeremy Clarkson in the Times notes that it's hard to know which button on the remote control opens which door, as the salesman ably demonstrated. I think it's worth considering to replace our, erm, rustic Citroën, and the fact that it's hugely unlikely to appeal to the 'boy racer' (or 'twat', as I prefer to call them) sector whilst not being terribly suitable for people with children either is a huge point in its favour.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home