Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh good, more stress {edited}

I'd just like to put in a word for the lovely, kind people at ScreenSelect, who charged me a month's subscription for not returning a disc on time. This despite the fact that they acknowledged receipt of the other disc several days earlier, and I posted them both together. Call me paranoid but I rather expected that any delay was more likely to do with them being in disarray after a fire at their warehouse. And the least they could've done was to tell me they were taking my money, rather than me find out weeks later when wondering why I had so little in my account. Given my total lack of income I'm spending as little as possible at the moment, so this is particularly irksome.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

edited? You were up a bit late, weren't you?

That does suck though, are they going to give you your money back?

September 20, 2005 1:18 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

I didn't say I'd only just got up... 12:35 would be a late start even for me...

I assume if they were going to give my money back they wouldn't've taken it in the first place...

September 20, 2005 1:55 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

And yes, edited, to remove possibly libellous words...

September 20, 2005 2:02 pm  
Blogger Sherry said...

If you get sued, you can have my civil litigation manual for free :)

September 20, 2005 4:45 pm  
Blogger Z31 said...

Sherry, been a while... Well, hopefully I haven't said anything to cause me to get sued... But do let me know if you disagree :)

September 20, 2005 5:01 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about being sued, go on the offensive. Call them up (not email) or write a letter, and demand your money back. If you sent them by a tracked delivery service (ie, Royal Mail Special Delivery or whatever) get the tracking number and get proof of delivery from the courier. Try and sound as much like trouble as possible, if people start fobbing you off, demand to speak to their manager, or whatever. I think if you manage to sound wronged and irate enough, you'll be amazed how quickly these places shift their stance.

September 21, 2005 12:36 am  
Blogger Z31 said...

Thanks, I'll think about it. Trouble is they specifically suggest you get a 'certificate of posting' (a what?) - and only suggest this when returning your final discs before cancelling your subscription. On an unrelated note that would be a good way of avoiding any finger-pointing regarding how quickly you dealt with something that was posted to you, wouldn't it. Though this would only prove that something was posted, which in this case isn't in doubt, not when it was delivered.

September 21, 2005 1:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, either way, I'd suggest contacting the postage company, whoever it was. If you remember the date you sent it and the address you sent it to, plus where you sent it from, they may be able to tell you when it was delivered.

September 21, 2005 12:34 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home