Sunday, July 10, 2005

Let the shoosting begin

Lovely Granada TV are outside creating chaos with their filming. Well, to be fair it's all quite well-organised but I'm just paranoid about ending up in a shot. I have a lighting truck parked right outside my window, filling the room, as I now discover, with a certain hint of diesel fumes. I'm unimpressed.

Also a little unsure what kind of neighbourhood this is meant to be, on film. Apparently they've furnished next-door with kinda low-rent furniture, and without wishing to sound uppity, nobody around here actually drives a pick-up truck or a clapped out old Volvo (though one house across the road does have two Volvo estates amongst their cars). Mind you come to that I've never yet seen someone being thrown out of the house by his wife and children amidst shouts of 'just f*cking leave!'. That's been the subject of some consternation amongst the neighbours, particularly as the shouting tends to echo and there are a lot of young children around here. Mind you some of said children nearly spoiled a take by sniggering about the colourful language.

Need to go and watch the grand prix now... might have to see about moving that truck, too...

Update: here's a general snapshot; in addition, a curious thing: the pickup truck has a company name on the side, which I think is meant to be a security firm or such. But if you look up the website cited on the truck you actually get a portal offering hardcore porn sites... I don't think that would be intentional... can't believe they haven't checked the link, but wonder if I should mention it to someone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home