Friday, July 08, 2005

Gimps

Trying to get hold of GIMPshop but it seems it requires 10.3 (does that mean it doesn't work in Tiger?)... Beginning to wonder if I should upgrade my OS, particularly if I can do it before my NUS card expires... But I'm yet to be convinced that [Panther or] Tiger has enough improvements to justify the cost, and I rather think that some things have changed for the worse since Jaguar. What really bugs me is that I didn't get upgraded to Panther - I ordered my PB a week or so after this version was launched in September '03 (I don't know the proper name for it but it was when they changed the 15-inch from the style of the old Ti-Book to match the 12 and 17); a week or so later, and ages before my PB was actually delivered, they announced Panther. But did I get an upgrade? Oh no, just Jaguar upgrade vouchers. Not very useful. So I must have one of the only September-'03-onward PBs running Jaguar.

Wondering whether to go into Bath for a couple of hours. Would be good to get out and there are probably things I need to shop for, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort to meet the others when they keep ignoring me online (hey, Toby?!)... hehe...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To re-emphasise what I said in person, it's not me ignoring you, it's other people having no end of fun irritation with Messenger, which seems to sign me in indiscriminately whether I'm even in the country or not. This should be fixed now- I apologise if it appeared that I've been deliberately cold-shouldering you, which is absolutely not my intention :-)

TCH

July 10, 2005 12:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home