Sunday, June 19, 2005

Meh

A great ennui seems to have descended over the past few days. After the stress of exams and the relief of finishing them, there's nothing left now. I still have a list of things I meant to do, but there doesn't seem much chance of doing them, at least whilst it's still so hot. As an example of my apathy, I'm really not feeling any excitement or even much interest in tomorrow's May Ball; I guess last year although I thought it was a waste of money I was interested to see what it would be like, but I don't really feel that now. But hopefully it'll turn out to be a good night. Although it's not Christ's I think (but can't really remember) that a lot of people I know will be there. Which does relate to another issue, the fact that I know practically nobody from any other college. Not sure how other people do, really.

I suppose I should be excited about my results but I guess as I said before, there's really nothing I can do with them that I couldn't've done without, as far as I know. I realised ages ago that whilst it would 'not be the end of the world' if I had done badly, it is in fact 'the end of the world' as I know it, either way. Can't see how anything will ever compare to Cambridge. I remember at the end of last term - though it seems like years ago - sitting in the car going home, realising with dread that the next time I did so would be forever. The thought of being stuck in the house in a state of total demotivation for the foreseeable future is simply dreadful.

Just been speaking to the parents, and apparently some neighbours are being paid a five-figure sum by some TV company to use their house as a location for filming some frightful 'drama'. I think les parents are pretty pissed that they're not using our house especially since they went there first, but personally I can think of few things worse than having one's house taken over by some film crew and being evicted for weeks. I suppose at least prostituting one's home on TV isn't nearly as bad as prostituting oneself, hey Big Brother fans? (And take heart, apparently our house isn't gauche enough for primetime TV... hehe) I'm not much looking forward to sharing the neighbourhood with these [putative] bastards though, and they'd better the hell not start blocking the driveway or trying to tell us what to do. Apparently some other neighbours were the original location but got shafted by the noise from building work at the school - I hope they'll be receiving reparations from one side or other. Eugh, isn't the real world suckful. [/rant]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home