Let us all hide away in darkened rooms
Well, it certainly is hot today, and I've been walking around in it more than enough. Having failed to recruit anyone for a Bun Shop lunch or similar, I resorted to a Pret sandwich (no great hardship) and cream scones from Sainsbury's. During my random walks I encountered Alex's car, which was quite strange even though I should've expected to see it there. Was still out of context compared to my experience of it.
There appears to be another fair on Midsummer Common. Joy, etc.
I have not now been to Upper Hall since Thursday lunchtime. Pretty good going, really.
The question of what to do with money found on the floor remains unresolved; the other day I picked up a penny I found, and almost did the same today until I realised it was next to a pound coin and that I had better leave them both. I did consider giving them to the Big Issue guy but I thought that would certainly look like charity. So although when I left that £5 note the other week I said I probably would pick up a £1 coin, apparently I wouldn't. Which in fact I already proved when walking back from Alex's one time, when I instead having noticed the coin pointed it out for one of the others to pick up. Very odd.
Someone here has a Mark-1 Prius, it's out in the car park. Kudos, etc.
Was musing on the subject of garden parties, and how they're one of the most pointless ways to waste time. Tomorrow I'm expected to stump up money for both the Darwin Soc and Music Soc GP's, at which, if I go, I shall drink cheap orange juice from concentrate and eat interminable strawberries, whilst making abortive attempts at smalltalk mostly with people who want nothing to do with me, and sometimes with people with whom I want nothing to do. Might just not bother.
Just trying to decide whether to go to the Leavers' Service at chapel, and/or join the lads at Old Orleans for dinner. Frankly with this stupid hair I don't much wish to be seen at all.
Oh, and I need to iron a shirt because I appear to be going to a Ball tomorrow. Sigh...
There appears to be another fair on Midsummer Common. Joy, etc.
I have not now been to Upper Hall since Thursday lunchtime. Pretty good going, really.
The question of what to do with money found on the floor remains unresolved; the other day I picked up a penny I found, and almost did the same today until I realised it was next to a pound coin and that I had better leave them both. I did consider giving them to the Big Issue guy but I thought that would certainly look like charity. So although when I left that £5 note the other week I said I probably would pick up a £1 coin, apparently I wouldn't. Which in fact I already proved when walking back from Alex's one time, when I instead having noticed the coin pointed it out for one of the others to pick up. Very odd.
Someone here has a Mark-1 Prius, it's out in the car park. Kudos, etc.
Was musing on the subject of garden parties, and how they're one of the most pointless ways to waste time. Tomorrow I'm expected to stump up money for both the Darwin Soc and Music Soc GP's, at which, if I go, I shall drink cheap orange juice from concentrate and eat interminable strawberries, whilst making abortive attempts at smalltalk mostly with people who want nothing to do with me, and sometimes with people with whom I want nothing to do. Might just not bother.
Just trying to decide whether to go to the Leavers' Service at chapel, and/or join the lads at Old Orleans for dinner. Frankly with this stupid hair I don't much wish to be seen at all.
Oh, and I need to iron a shirt because I appear to be going to a Ball tomorrow. Sigh...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home